Friday, June 11, 2010

Hostess bakery, Cash Cab, and Dreamweaver...mmmmmm.

For those of you who have followed this blog from the start have probably noticed that 50% of the piece is missing. That 50% I'm talking about is Stef. Yeah Stef, I'm calling you out. WHERE ARE YOU?!?! I'll cut her some slack because she's had some extensive dental work this week so she's actually probably lost some weight from not being able to eat. Feel better Stef.

With that being said, I've found a new source of encouragement and it involves competition....for money...that I need so it's going to work. Lauren over at Some Whine With Cheese has been gracious enough to set all this up. The details aren't set in stone yet but if you are interested in joining our little competition, you can visit a blog that Lauren has set up here or go here and check it out. It's free and it's some crazy community of people dedicated to losing weight and/or reaching fitness goals. My main goal isn't to lose a certain amount of weight. I'm vain and basically want to look good naked. Amen.

This week I've made it to the gym ALMOST as much as I'd like to report but not quite. I really have no excuse for it. But the times I have gone, I have totally kicked my own ass and it's felt amazing. I remember why I love going to the gym so much. It's my time to catch up on Cash Cab, ESPN, and CNN. It's also a great time to do some quality people watching. That sounds creepy. Seriously, there is a guy who lifts at the gym every single day. It's like clock work. I remember when I first saw him. Time stood still, glitter fell from the heavens, and Dreamweaver started playing. I know, I was confused too you guys. He was HOT! Then suddenly this grunt came out of him while lifting weights and the record made a horrific scratch. I don't think grunt can adequately describe the sound coming out of this man. That forever shattered my view of hot-Dreamweaver guy.

The only thing I have a hard time with regarding my gym is walking out to my car after my workout. Don't get me wrong, the feeling after the gym is amazing and I'm so proud of myself. I don't have a problem physically walking but as I exit the building, I'm hit with the smell of fresh baked Wonderbread, carbs, and temptation. The Hostess bakery is RIGHT. ACROSS. THE. EFFING. STREET!!! I can't decide whether the person responsible for putting a gym and a bakery side by side is an asshole or a genius. Do you know what my favorite thing in this whole wide world is? A strawberry PB&J on white Wonderbread with a huge glass of milk. Ok, maybe it's not my favorite thing in the whole wide world but it's up there. It's pretty tempting. I haven't given in though.

Anyhoo, I'm taking a break from the gym this weekend and heading down to the country to do some hiking and star-gazing (weather permitting). I'll leave you with a few of my favorite tunes I worked out to this week. Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you next week!

Technologic- Daft Punk
OMG- Usher ft. Will.I.Am
Shut It Down- Pitbull
Notorious Thugs- Bone and Biggie

No comments:

Post a Comment