Monday, March 1, 2010

Not the best beginning....

Can we talk about my luck for a second? You know that song by Alanis Morissette about having 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife? Welcome to my life. I'll give you two great examples of how this is my life and this has all happened in the last month.

First example, meet a great guy. Funny, easy to talk to, very easy going, has his shit together. I meet him on a Saturday and drop him off at the airport the following Saturday. He moved to Chile for six months to learn Spanish. Yeah, Chile. The one that was just hit with a huge 8.8 earthquake. Don't worry, I talked to him yesterday and he is ok. He is pretty scared but he's safe.

Next example, Stef and I get our blog going, have our goals laid out, schedule planned and guess who's got the gomboo? This girl. I feel like absolute ass. I was so stoked to get this ball rolling, only to wake up with every orifice of my face stuffed with snot and my lungs being on fire. I don't even dare cough for fear of losing a lung. Hopefully this gets over fast because I have a half marathon on April 18th just staring me in the face. I feel no more ready for it than I feel ready to fly to the moon.

Someone PLEASE explain to me why I'm single!

No comments:

Post a Comment